Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Updated Ways to Help


   First let me say thank you for all your love and prayers and for continuing to stay in touch with our little Hazelnut's condition and chemo progress.  We are blessed that Hazel is tolerating the chemo treatments well so far...  I also wanted to let you know that we have recently set up a new website where you can follow everything that is happening with Hazel and our family. It is called http://www.heretoserve.org/.  This is a nonprofit organization that helps us better organize our communication to our friends and family and share some areas where you can choose to help.  

     On the home page of the Here to Serve website there is a red Participate/Volunteer button for you to register on Hazel's care community.  Once you fill out the form you will be given the URL to Hazel's website where you can log in and keep tabs on what is going on.  We will keep updates on Hazel posted there and as a community member you will receive an email with that update once it has been posted without having to go on the site.  There is also a master calendar where you can sign up to provide meals, do playdates, offer babysitting, etc...  You will also find a link to this blog, so you can access it from there.  So, please join Hazel's Care Community on the Here to Serve site and "like" Here to Serve on Facebook and we will be able to keep you appraised of everything you may wish to know about our little Hazelnut and our family!

1 comment:

  1. Lauren, I have been following your blog since the beginning and have wanted to comment on every post, but I feel like I don't have the right words to express how I am blown away by your beautiful grace and steadfast faith in this trial that you are walking through. To think that in this time of extreme need on the part of your family, you are ministering to so many as you hold firm to God's promises is overwhelmingly encouraging to me.

    My family has been praying for yours and Hazel is a common topic of conversation and subject of prayer for my two, four and five year old girls. They remember Hazel from her crawling all over the dance floor with her gigantic smile at your older daughter's dance class that they were in.

    We are in a community group at Cornerstone that has a lot of little ones and when we get the kids together on Monday's we have been praying for Hazel and your family. Yesterday all of our Moms and kids got together to raise money at a lemonade stand and make cards for your sweet girl. Let me know the best way to get their earnings and offerings to you. My email is Heidi.buonauro@att.net if you want to send me your address I can leave them on your porch.

    I just want to thank you on behalf of our little part of the body of Christ. Thank you for sharing your life with us and allowing us to be blessed by your family. I will log onto your new service site to see how else we can help. We will be praying continually.

    ReplyDelete